Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Crazy days

Lyndzee has finally allowed me the right to post on our family blog, and for some strange reason I am a little excited. This new interest in blogging might stem from my apathetic mood toward school, as things begin to wrap up with my time at ASU, but oh well, at least ya'll get a different voice to listen to. I was just reading the last entry Lyndz made, and it might seem like our life is really depressing, but we are holding up. We still have not had any huge victories (Biochem still is a struggle, Teach for America outright rejected me, and we still have no children to speak of) Nevertheless good things are on the horizon. I was walking out of the temple this evening, and noticed several stop lights illuminated green all the way up 1st Avenue, with the exception of one red light, the one closest to me (naturally). I feel like that is our life together so far, we have been sitting at a red light for a little while, but soon the whole road is simply going to be wide open. Like Lyndz said we are trying to enjoy the journey, and recognizing all the while that these trials are some essential lessons that we need to learn.
The business is going along well, if anyone needs a pool guy in Scottsdale give me a call (I am OCD so you are guaranteed the cleanest pool on the block). I was up until three in the morning draining a pool last Thursday (no one was home thankfully, hope I start work at Scottsdale Healthcare in the NICU, I am doing my first night shift (7PM-7AM), which I am dreading I am not a night owl, so steer clear for the next few months if I happened to have pulled a night shift the previous night. I am excited though, we get to work real close with the premature babies, and the ones coming off drug addictions. I am accustomed to cleaning up really old people that are at the end of the line, so this will be a nice change, go from the end to the beginning. Despite all my endeavors, Lyndz is still the big time breadwinner, in fact I dont bring home much bread at all. She is an amazing worker bee, loyal and committed to the core of everything that she is, I am lucky to have her as my own.
On a final note I have been learning all about the Vietnam/Cold war this semester in my history classes so if anyone wants to discuss how we keep electing mentally handicapped, warmongering Presidents I would be happy to ramble.
Peace--

2 comments:

Jord said...

Great post Dustin! You guys are at the brink of something wonderful and we're just so glad to get to see what it will be. Keep on posting- you've got serious talent.

The Fish Family said...

Good job Dustin! You are a lucky man I show Elbert our blog, but he can't touch it-so you've been intrusted....your wife is great!

Your view on politics made me laugh! I wonder the same thing-I am tempted to think why vote the worst always wins...One day just maybe we will get a good one-