Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lonesome



SO tonight is Dustin's first all night shift at the hospital, 7pm-7am, and I am not liking this too much. I have gotten used to not having him around on Saturday because he had to work, I am used to not a lot of date nights because of late shifts and homework, I am used to staying up late with him when he studies for tests...but this is a whole new bag of chips. I attended a Stake primary training meeting at 7 and came home to an empty apartment, not that that in and of itself is all that unusual, but it is stranger when I know it is going to remain just little (figuratively) old me.
Now I know I could be working on my talk for Sunday (how to teach children to learn how to recognize the spirit...any ideas would be helpful), I could be trying to implement all of the new secretary ideas I received at the meeting, I could do laundry or pack for my trip to Utah tomorrow, I could organize my photos, put away the last box from moving that has gone untouched for the last 3 weeks or actually do my ironing (which never gets done unless I wear the item that needs ironing usually causing me to run late to work or church). But no, I sit here and blog, or should I say whine, when really I should be thinking about Dust. The poor guy was up at 7 this morning and only got an hour nap in this afternoon before going to work. Then tomorrow he has to go to class after his shift. Of course I am not worrying that he will be home alone for the next two nights while I am off galavanting around Utah while visiting my sister and attending her baby shower.
OK, so I am lonesome, lazy and a bit of a self-centered wife. Don't worry, I taped The Office and that will cheer me right up!

3 comments:

The Fish Family said...

I am in the same boat! Nights with a husband working is a hard one-Maybe thats why I started to blog!! It is sad when you would rather have them home but know they have to work. Dinner time and the kids bed time is the worst-When you are bored or alone you have to call to come over to watch a girly movie the boys would never watch with us.

EmyLee McIntyre said...

Isn't my sister so amazing. Not only is she such a beautiful adn eloquent writer, but she is so selfless. My heart broke when I read her crazy and lonesome week adn then realized this was the same week that she is coming to see me. But man, is it needed. I miss you lyndzee so much not having you around. I loved hearing the music on your blog. It made me heartsick for those long nights in our room together while I tried to sleep adn you stayed up late highlighting your books for xavier. Ani and Dave, those were the days. I miss living with you! hehe. SIsters trip someday when we have all the time in the world, money and no commitments, hehe. I love you. You are the best sister ever.

Jord said...

Oh, I'm definitely sorry about your being alone. I am not a good alone person and feel your pain. I am definitely just down the road though and here for anything!