Friday, February 11, 2011

A Change of Pace

So lets move on from the mushy to my favorite topic, BOOKS! In short, I love 'em. Can't get enough of 'em. And I want to know some of your favorites because I have the strange fear that someday I am going to run out of books to read, which has led me to hoard them on my kindle app as literary food storage. But I know that choosing a favorite book can be like choosing a favorite child so don't spend too much time thinking about it and just let it out.
Here are some of mine (although this list could be revised over and over again and I would always feel guilty for what I left out).
1. Jane Eyre
2. Wednesday Wars
3. Grapes of Wrath
4. Slaughterhouse 5
5. Poisonwood Bible
6. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
7. Harry Potter Series (These books made me dream I could do magic, not to be ignored in a list of favs)
8. Hungergames Series
9. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
10. The Bell Jar
11. Their Eyes Were Watching God
12. Cutting for Stone

Ok, so I love all of these books but ranking them is impossible so just know they are all excellent and I can list another 10 or 20 if anyone needs any ideas. My husband loves to gift mixed tapes as music is his love. I give book recommendations. Be careful with my babies :)

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

I love ALL the Jane Austen books, but The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy is pretty good. Also look into Elantris by Brandon Sanders (quick easy read, but GREAT story!!!) and his Mistborn series (3 in all...a bit more involved). I'm also really loving the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (12 total book 12 is split into 2, I'm on number 6). I'm getting ready to read The Way of Kings by Sanders (his new release) Some of your books hit my top 20 list for sure! Enjoy any that you try, BUT let me know which ones you liked!!

Kristine said...

I just read Left To Tell by Immaculee Ilibigiza for our book group and thought it was truly inspiring. I also love so many that the list of favorites could change each post. But, a few other good ones I've read lately are Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, Savvy by Ingrid Law, Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (this one and the Left to Tell seem like ones you would really like--so maybe you've already ready them), Bellwether by Connie Willis, and Faro's Daughter by Georgette Heyer. I just re-read Jane Eyre recently and LOVE it!!! Such an amazing book. Happy Reading!

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

I am so excited about your book list. I love some of those too and will put the others on my "to read" list. Some of my recent favorites are
"These is my words" - I can't stand the title but I LOVED the book! It was set in AZ so you could also appreciate some of the references made in the book.
""The Book Thief" - Set in Nazi Germany so it has some serious parts, but truly inspiring.

Jord said...

Your love of books is inspiring to me and I'll read anything you suggest.