Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Blog A Day Will Keep The Therapist Away

First, I want to say how thankful I am to have so many loving, caring and compassionate people in my life, family and friends. I am also grateful for the opportunity to give voice to the struggles of others, in many times worse than my own. But let me also say that when I am able to post my thoughts, I am usually at peace, if for not just being able to cathartically write about what I am feeling. Please don't worry that I am curled up on my bed, in my most worn PJs, smothering my face in a tear stained pillow and playing my sad song, "Five String Serenade", on a loop. Don't think that I have spent the day fooling you with a smile while I was internally wilting away.
My posts are compilations of my emotions, battles that I may wage on a daily basis coming to a head for a moment of clarity. I love that I can share these moments with others and that I can find release in writing. While I haven't blogged for a while, I hope to do so more often, the good and bad, the day-to-day and the miraculous moments. Sharing my experiences, mostly through discussion and now through the written word, heals me and keeps me in motion.
And let me just add to the beautiful people in my life who are having similar experiences, or struggles in general, the truth that keeps me on my feet and smiling is that I know I have a Heavenly Father who knows me, loves me and is mindful of my every need. I may sound cheeserific, but that knowledge alone will continue to carry me through the next fertility text, adoption certification, disappointment and, finally, the realization of everything we need to be a family.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so happy you are blogging again! You need to do it more often. I love reading your thoughts. Keep it coming! We miss you guys.

Jason McIntyre said...

Hey sweet lady! Sometimes i get caught up in the blog world. sharing design ideas, making sure my posts are funny etc...but really i like everything you just said, (hows that for good with my words!) haha. i love to be reminded of how good you are with your words, and know that jason Boston and Story and i love you very very much! I love you! Emy