Friday, September 4, 2009

I miss...

I miss Costco and Target, pizzas that aren't thin crusted, using a lot of A/C, Jackson sleeping in his own room, buying disposable diapers without feeling financially guilty, the public library system, a couch I can snuggle on that isn't outdoor furniture, gas stations with treat drinks, inexpensive Diet Coke, carpet that I can vacuum instead of sweep, dry heat, a full size refrigerator, a drier, a bathtub, 110 electrical outlets, electrical oven and stove, drive-thru anything, cheap fruit, Ice Tango, being able to dispose of poop properly, driving on the "right" side of the road, the Temple, Jackson as a 3 month old who let me cuddle him all day long, wonderful parents/grandparents, favorite college roommate who always say the right thing, my sister who I didn't talk to a lot anyway but loved having her close, and most of all, Dustin.
I love all of the green around me, the beautiful hills and mountains, the beach, beach beach! That Jackson is becoming so independent and a wonderful little man, that Dustin is working so hard and still lets me know he loves me, a church that means instant, wonderful friends and opportunities to serve, a pool membership, seeing baptisms in the ocean, pool day on Thursday at the faculty pool, learning how to cook new dishes and not eating out, the smoothie place that makes a great Guava smoothie, becoming much better at housework, Jackson's nap times and play times, moms who go out of their way for us and that we have the opportunity of a lifetime!!!




9 comments:

Joy said...

Where are you guys living now? Sounds like Hawaii only I know Hawaii has a Costco and now a Target...

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

Oh Lyndz! I miss you! Sounds like some serious transitions going on. You can handle it though. I'm glad Dustin is pausing to show you he loves you, too. What a great companion! Also, I'm starting to prepare now for your Christmas visit...it seems we have a lot to do: gym, cake, what else? Well, I know I'm looking forward to it, even if it is a ways away. Take care of you! Sounds like you already are. :)

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

Have I met this roommate?

Danielle Chase said...

I miss you guys so much!! It seems like you have made a lot of good friends though! Jackson is so dang grown up! I can't wait until Christmas either! It will be fun to see you.

Brittany and Cody said...

It's funny how many things you really miss from home. Sometimes we forget how great every day life really is until you're somewhere else, but it's fun though and definitely interesting. We are going to be some very appreciative people when we finally do go back to the States!

Jord said...

Wow, what an adventure Lyndz. You definitely have a great attitude and I'm sure are already loved by everyone you know. I'm so sorry for being flaky on skypeing, but I know we'll get together soon!

Summer and Eddie said...

Lyndzee I got your blog from emylees. Wow I can't believe how big Jackson is. He is so cute!! Those eyes are beautiful. We just moved to new mexico for eddies work, so I can kinda relate to how you feel about missing home...but on a much smaller scale. We do have costco and target. :) I would love to chat anytime. Hope you and your family are doing well. And congrats on the adoption being finalized!
-Summer
Feel free to check out our blog Eddieandsummer.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I don't know if I've told you this yet, but I'm really glad you're here :) Much love.

Ash

Leslie said...

You are having the biggest adventure! I am a little jealous. Granted, we moved to Oklahoma so it isn't the same AT ALL, I did get a taste of being away from family. It was very different there from Arizona too but Josh and I grew so close living alone together. You guys are totally changing your way of life but it will make you appreciate everything so much more when you move home. I am probably not making sense. Ha!

I am jealous mostly of the beach. Jackson is growing up so quickly! Make sure to get really tan for me (because I never could) and spend tons of time on the beach (so I can live through you.) We miss you here in AZ!