Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fluffy Bum





So I have been using cloth diapers for a week now and I was all set to give a glowing report of how well I have adjusted to his new task. I wanted to gloat of my new more natural mothering abilities and ask for others to convert to the fluffy stuff as well...that was until we had two "blow outs" this morning. And I don't know who ever came up with the phrase, "When it is your child, you don't mind", because I mind! I hate poopy diapers already (and there really isn't a more graceful way to say it). And having poopy cloth diapers only compounds the problem. Jackson has decided just recently to move from firm to squishy, just in time for me to make the transition from disposable to smelly and washable. Don't worry though, I will not let this very messy morning get me down. I will persevere and conquer! Stay tuned...

Jackson dumped over his toy bin...

and climbed right in!

5 comments:

The Woodwards said...

He is so cute. All I can say is good luck with the cloth diapers. I don't know if I could do it. But just think of all the money you will save. We miss you guys.

Lyndzee said...

Yeah, the diapers are twice as much here as in the states! Yikes!

Anjuli Fry said...

You go girl!!!! I never could do, even with my own children I gag. But good for you!!! Love seeing Jackson he is so cute!!!

The Downey Family said...

I couldn't agree more. I am not a fan of poopy diapers either.

Unknown said...

You aren't alone, sister! I use cloth too!!! They cut Daryl's hours, and I decided cloth was a good budgeting move! I hate them too. I did find something called a "potty pail" that helps a ton. a big bucket that I put over the toilet seat (with a hole in the bottom) and a sprayer (like from a kitchen sink) attached to the toilet plumbing so i can blast the poop away...but i don't know if your new home has compatible plumbing and whatnot! Good luck. Oh yeah....Flushable liners too!!! I found some good ones from overseas that can be washed and reused so you don't have to chuck them if there is only pee on them. Let me know if you want any info. on those things.