Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little Man Turns 3!



This month, on Jan. 2nd, Jackson turned 3!  I can't believe that 3 years ago today I saw him born, I held him and then 3 days later brought him home.  Our lives have been forever changed and we can't imagine what our life would be without him.  He is constantly growing and changing and I can't wait to see what this 4th year will bring.

For his third birthday I stole some traditions from friends and had a present waiting on the end of his bed when he woke up, balloons on his floor, and we wrapped his doorway in cray paper.  We let him choose the activity of the day, which was playing at the play structure (I really tried to influence him towards going to a waterfall) and then having pizza and fries with his best friend Luke for dinner.  I made my family's cherry chocolate bundt cake and the boys, and Harper, had a great time running around on their sugar high.

Yesterday we had his actual birthday party with all of his friends.  It was a train themed party and the boys had a blast.  We started off by playing Red Light, Green Light, having them earn their caps and bandanas to become train conductors.  Then we brought the party inside the house where we played Pass the Parcel, a favorite game I picked up in England.  Next was the refueling station where the boys snacked on popcorn, apples, and bagel bites, and sipped juice from their train cups.  After building up some steam, the boys then made their own train picture frames, some with more of an abstract eye than others.



Now, the boys may have refueled, but I will be honest, we were running out of energy. Me and Dustin against entertaining six 3 year olds was more work than I had planned.  But we chugged along into presents and cake, and ended with smashing up a Thomas pinata.  Overall, the birthday was a success, measured by the huge hug and kiss I received from Jackson.  I am not a real "Suzie homemaker" kind of girl, and cake decorating and party decorating are more detailed work than I enjoy,  but I will do this year after year to make Jackson smile.







And one quick note that I always have to include, or I would be incredibly ungrateful: M, we love you and the beautiful boy you gave us.  Please know that with every new step we take with him, we think of you and love you more.


5 comments:

Jason McIntyre said...

i love my little jackie so so much! i wish we could have celebrated his awsome train party withhim. Lyndz you are such a great mom, and i am so impressed with how and how often you share your love with that little man and Dustin, i love you, love em

Louise Cave said...

Can't believe he is 3 already. They grow so quickly. I love the cake and I'm very glad you have taken the pass the parcel game with you. It's not a birthday party without pass the parcel!!!

Reece said...

what a fun party!!! The cake looks awesome! you did a great job!

Jord said...

I love his curls! He is adorable in every way and it looks like he had an awesome birthday.

Jord said...

Oh, and I'd love to chat Jane Eyre with you any time.