Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

My 7 year anniversary with Dustin this year was very surprising. And not just because of the sweet things he did for me, but because I had literally forgotten about it, and special occasions are something I just don't forget.

The Friday before our anniversary Dustin Skyped me asking if he could have the car on Saturday.  I told him I had enrichment to attend, plus a lot of work, and I probably continued to babble about all of the things I needed to accomplish.  He then said that he had wanted to take me on a surprise date.  So we tried to make it work for that night, although I hadn't showered, had been working all day, and the house was its ordinary i'm-too-busy-to-clean mess.  I wrote to some of my friends about how sweet it was of my husband to plan a date, relating how unusual it is for him to plan anything.  Dustin came home, running circles around me, buying special groceries and arranging babysitting.  Finally I asked, "What made you want to do such a special date tonight?" And that is when he sputtered, "It's our anniversary!"

So....he was planning this romantic cook out on the beach and with some swimming (or for some of my more discerning friends, probably some water polo).  But being so sweet, he changed the plans for me to just a nice dinner at a restaurant and a movie.  I sound so lame, but I was exhausted from the week of work, and Jackson, and attempted cleaning, and I just wanted some simple time with Dustin.  We went to see The Help with lots of popcorn and candy, ate a late dinner at Umbrellas, and took a long stroll along the beach.  Real date nights happen so rarely lately that just being with each other away from the house was wonderful.






Dustin is the most amazing father, friend, member of our church, student, and any other thing you can think of.  But what he is best at is being a husband.  He laughs at my jokes and makes me laugh.  He can get into a fiery political conversation with me and then discuss scriptures.  He always makes me feel beautiful and smart and he drives me wild when he uses medical terminology :)  He is my best friend and the best companion and I can't wait to spend the next  7 years and beyond with him.  I love you Dustin.  And just remember...I chose you!  So never forget how lucky you are :)

1 comment:

Bob and Raylene said...

Very sweet! Congratulations.