Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Summer Vacation!



Hey y'all. Sorry It has been a while. I am still getting over the intimidation of putting my writing skills to the test on the web. However, this weekend gafve me something to write about.
This weekend the family west to Mission Beach in San Diego. Thanks to my wonderful parents, we were able to stay in a beach house just a few houses away from the ocean. It was a beautiful three bedroom, three bath condo with a lot of sleeping space for the 7 of us that went. Plus a huge kitchen thast allowed us to eat in or out.
Anywho, the first day that Dustin & I got there, our family went on a bike ride to a bead store (funny that it was my dad's desire to go to the bead store). However, my dad then found that he needed to go to Ace Hardware to finish his project. Ace Hardware wasn't a close ride but for those of you who have gone on trips with my dad, he is not easily dissuaded. So off we went down teh crowded streets of Mission Beach, 5 beach cruisers and 2 skateboarders only to find that the store was closed. Well, to get to the chase, we took a different route home and got lost. This little stroll of a bike ride ended up taking about 4 hours. Despite the length of time, the chilly air, the the slopes we had to climb without any gears, it ended up being a lot of fun. We ended the night at a restaurant on the beach where I was unsuccessful at trying to down a oyster shooter (no alchohol involved :))

1 comment:

Anjuli Fry said...

These are great photos!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!!!